Born in Leuven, Belgium
+32 (0)494 355 701
The Hague - Brussels
I worked for two years in an advertising company.
I hate advertisement.
I believe that advertising doesn’t stop at the boundaries of the poster, but crops the public space by many other means. Therefore I am currently working on advertisement and commercial
displays, starting from the study of large scale billboards implantation sites, to market places and convenience stores. It more recently questions the plasticity and the obsolescence of the packaging themselves.
My disgust for ads changed in an interest, I hope critical, for commercial displays and merchant relationships between individuals.
I describe my practice throught the topics present in my work, rather than throught a specific medium. Generally speaking the medium and the decisions it implies result from the study of the context of intervention.
Have lived in Reunion Island (FR), Brussels (BE) and currently based in The Hague (NL)
- Member of the artist initiative The Balcony, vitrine exhibition space & Susan Bites, studio and project space in The Hague.
(complete CV - here)
Selected Exhibitions :
- un peu de jambon pour un peu de culture?, curated by LABO#5. Leuven (May)
- beauty / ?, curated by Dilum Coppens and Sandra Meilunaite, K.L.8. Brussels (April)
- Art au Centre. Curated by Maxime Moinet, Group. Liège (BE) - until April 30th
- RAVI Liège. Residency & exhibition, in collaboration with AIR Antwerpen. Liège (BE)
- Contamination and maybe even more, Fonderia 20.9. Group. Verona
- better as a chorus, Royal Academy of Art. Group. The Hague
- Supermarket Independent Art Fair, with Alternative Art Guide, Group. Stockholm
- All Bark No Bite, Susan Bites - Project Space, Group. The Hague
- ArtContest 2018, Group. Vanderborght Building, Brussels
- The Ongoing Conversation #5, Group. 1646 Experimental Art Space, The Hague
- D.D.- Domestica Dove, Duo with Ioana Ciora, Vitrine01, Berlin
- What Now / Now What, Sofia Underground, Group. Sofia Arsenal - Museum for Contemporary Art, Bulgaria
- The Nudist on the Late Shift, Group. Curated by Barbara Seiler & Marcel van Eeden. KABK Gallery, The Hague
- Rise, Group. Curated by Jonatan Habib Engqvist. Quartair Contemporary Art
Initiatives, The Hague
- TO PLAY, Group. Sagacity, Pathfinders Collective. Molenbeek/Brussels (BE)
- Klein Eiland, Group. La Cambre - Studio CityGate. Anderlecht/Brussels (BE)
- Turn Left on Supernova, Group. De Besturing. The Hague (NL)
- Everything must go, Group. NEST Ruimte. Curated by Eelco van der Lingen. The Hague (NL)
- Wall, collaborative work with Ioana Ciora and Jean Katambayi, Stroom. The Hague (NL)
- FRICHE, Residency & Group exhibition. Anderlecht/Brussels (BE)
- STAFF STUFF #03, Group. Halles St-Géry. Brussels (BE)
- Bruit & Fluctuation / The Foreseen Project, Residency & Group exhibition. Brussels (BE)
- Open Art Kunst. Group. Brussels (BE)
- Same Same Different, 213. Group. ENSAV La Cambre. Bruxelles (BE)
Award / Collection :
- The Annex Collection Acquisition Award, work part of the Annex Collection, London (UK)
Selected Performances :
- Garage Café #5, Performance, @Garage Rotterdam. Rotterdam (NL)
- FREE COFFEE, Performance, WORM - MINT @ S/ash Ga//ery. Rotterdam (NL)
- COFREE, Performance, Noordwal. The Hague (NL)
- Performative Research Lab, A Spatial Evening. KABK Gallery, The Hague (NL)
Selected Residencies :
- Residency period at RAVI Liege, in collaboration with AIR Antwerpen. (BE)
- Contamination and maybe even more, Fonderia 20.9. Verona (IT)
- FRICHE, Residency & Group show. Anderlecht/Brussels (BE)
- Bruit & Fluctuation / The Foreseen Project, Residency & Group Show. Brussels (BE)
2019 - Emergency INDEX: An Annual Document of Performance Practice, vol. 7. Edited by Yelena Gluzman & Sophia Cleary. Published by Ugly Duckling Presse, Brooklyn, US. Distribution: SPD/Inpress (UK)/Raincoast Books (Canada).
2018 - Art Contest, Brussels. Exhibition catalog. Edition of a 1000.
2016 - FRICHE, User Manual. Brussels. Exhibition catalog. Edition of 200.
2019 - SPOT Groep Tentoonstelling, Stroom Den Haag for 'Contamination and maybe even more'.
2019 - PRO Kunstprogramma, Stroom Den Haag for supporting The Balcony's artist initiative.
2018 - SPOT Individuele Tentoonstelling, Stroom Den Haag for Art'Contest Exhibition.
2017-2019 Royal Academy of Art The Hague, Master Artistic Research, The Hague (NL)
2013-2016 ENSAV La Cambre, Bachelor in Fine Art / Urban Space, Brussels (BE)
All Content © Arthur Cordier